Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Second Candidate Forum Organized by Henrico County NAACP

Henrico County, Virginia NAACP Candidate Forum - Oct. 6, 2009 from Silver Persinger.

On Tuesday evening October 6, 2009 I attended my second candidate forum of the campaign. The forum was organized by the Henrico County NAACP at Hungary Road Baptist Church. Candidates present included O'Bannon, Joe Morrissey, Senator Henry Marsh on behalf of Delores McQuinn, Silver Persinger, The format of the forum was 2 minute opening statements from the candidates, questions from the moderator and the audience with 1 minute for candidates to respond. Several questions were asked then candidates were allowed two minutes for closing comments.

After tonight's forum a number individuals came up to me and offered various observations. Delegate Joe Morrissey said I got better each he saw me. To my knowledge, it is only his second time seeing me speak. I saw him at the Candidate Forum at the Gay Community Center of Richmond last week. Last week he told me my comments seemed sincere. Tonight he called me common sensical, clear and thought out. However, Delegate Morrissey had only caught about the last hour of the forum because he had been attending another event so he did not get to hear all of my comments.

Two individuals told me my comments were "refreshing." Another person told me my comments were "raw and organic."

I was glad to be there and happy to offer another vision of government.

My comments, excerpted.

Henrico County NAACP Candidate Forum - Silver Persinger excerpts from Silver Persinger on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment